Monday, February 21, 2011

Day 1!!

Today we started the 'Clean Program'! I am so curious to see how this detox will affect us over the next three weeks and even beyond. Just from doing the shopping for it I know it will make us healthier, but I hope to really feel it.

So here are our stats to start off:
Ellie - 125lbs., body fat index: 20%
Andy - 170lbs., body fat index: 10.5%

How we feel:
Ellie - I feel pretty much the same as usual. I have had a wired/giddy feeling since drinking the morning shake, but that could just be me excited to start this program.
Andy - I feel the same as I usually do, just less food in my belly.

The MENU for today:
Monday: WEEK 1

Breakfast & Dinner

Energy Smoothie with Almond Butter and Cardamom (Clean) – 2 servings

¼ c. almond butter

1 t. ground cardamom

1 ½ c. pure water

1 c. frozen peaches

1-2 t. agave syrup

1 scoop (30g) flax

1 scoop (30g) protein powder

(Mmm, a brown smoothie. Appetizing.)

Lunch
Roasted Salmon with Broccoli and Quinoa (Clean) - 2 servings
2 (5oz.) portions of wild salmon seasoned with ½ t. sea salt
1 bunch broccoli, washed and chopped
2 cloves garlic split lengthwise
2 T. extra virgin olive oil
1 c. cooked quinoa

Heat the oven to 400 degrees. Place salmon in skillet with 1 T. olive oil and sear on each side for 2 minutes. Place salmon in baking pan and bake for 7-8 minutes. In skillet add 1 T. olive oil and saute garlic, adding broccoli and ¼ c. water. Let it steam for a few minutes.

(The plan is to make a meal every two days, so the other half of this is tomorrow's lunch.)

Snacks – ¼ c. almonds and ¾ c. blueberries OR 1 cup cucumber and carrots OR 1 Apple

No comments:

Post a Comment