Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Day 3

How we feel:
Ellie - Today I feel good. I've been having some awesome bowel movements! The last few nights I have woken up quite a bit to pee. I guess that is good because it means the toxins are coming out. The first night Andy and I forgot to take the 2 tablespoons of olive oil before we went to bed, so last night was the first time for that. It was not a pleasant experience! Olive oil may be tasty in cooked dishes, but taken straight up does not work. After taking it I went to bed with an uneasy stomach. About two hours later I vomited the olive oil along with my dinner shake. I don't think I will be doing that anymore. For Andy though, it was fine. He didn't have a problem with the oil.

Andy - My biggest struggle has been eating less. I'm finding that I am still very attracted to the foods that I perceived as healthy before. I am conerned about the amount of calories that I am getting, since my body is used to getting more. I miss eggs.

The MENU for today:
Breakfast/Dinner

Raw Spinach Soup (by Clean) – 2 servings

1 zucchini, cut in half-inch cubes
1 stalk celery
1 scallion
1 T. extra virgin olive oil
1 T. spirulina
1/4 avocado
2 cups spinach leaves, washed
4 cups pure water
(This is a large recipe, but it is a very watery soup/shake so you need more of it.)

Lunch
Green Lentil Hummus (by Clean) – 2 servings

3 cups vegetable or organic chicken stock/broth

1 cup green lentils

1 bay leaf

3 garlic cloves, chopped

1/2 cup tahini

juice of one lemon

1/2 teaspoon cumin

1/2 teaspoon paprika

sea salt to taste

cucumber and carrot slices for dipping


(This hummus is awesome!)
  1. In a medium saucepan, combine chicken stock, green lentils, and bay leaf, bring to a boil and then cover and simmer until lentils are tender, roughly 40 minutes and then boil uncovered until most liquid is gone, take out the bay leaf and let cool a bit.

  2. Transfer to food processor and blend with garlic, tahini, lemon juice until smooth, adding sea salt and other spices (cumin and paprika) to taste.

  3. Serve warm or at room temp with 2 cups of cucumber and carrot slices.

Snacks – ¼ c. almonds and ¾ c. blueberries OR 1 cup cucumber and carrots OR 1 Apple

No comments:

Post a Comment