Friday, February 25, 2011

Day 5

* We are gone all weekend, updates on Sunday.

How we feel:
Ellie - I was not hungry at all today! I ate the shakes and meals and was completely content. In fact, the lunch portion was too much, so I didn't finish it. (It was pretty tasty though.) My energy was out of the roof!! Incredible, I am really starting to feel like a different person and only after 5 days of the clean program! I am getting some acne, but the program says that is normal because toxins come out in all different ways and forms. It should go away by next week.

Andy - I am ready to last out this program. I feel incredible. Today was the first day that I feel like I can make this program all three weeks. Although my sinuses have been acting up, I feel like I am getting rid of stuff. It's good!

The MENU for today:
Friday:
Breakfast/Dinner

Raw Green Pea Soup (Clean) – 2 servings

1 ½ c. fresh or frozen raw peas
1 medium avocado
1 c. filtered water
2 T. lime juice
Pinch of sea salt
1/2 teaspoon cayenne powder (optional)
1 scoop (30g) flax


Lunch
Roast chicken with balsamic vinegar, garlic, & rosemary rice pilaf (Clean) – 2 servings
2 chicken breasts
2 cloves garlic, sliced thinly lengthwise
1 1/2 cups balsamic vinegar
2 tablespoons minced rosemary
2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
1 teaspoon sea salt
2 cups cooked wild rice, made with a vegetable stock
2 scallions, thinly sliced
1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
1/4 cup fresh mint, chopped
1/4 cup sunflower seeds, soaked for 2 hours
-Heat oven to 425. F.
-In a small saucepan reduce the balsamic vinegar by simmering and stirring occasionally until it becomes the consistency of a syrup.

-Add the garlic and rosemary and simmer for 2 minutes more. Set aside.

-Brush the chicken breasts with olive oil and salt.

-Place on a baking tray and roast in oven for 10 minutes.

-Brush with generous amounts of balsamic mixture.

-Turn the oven down to 375. F and roast for a further 10 minutes.

-Brush again with balsamic mixture and cook 2 minutes more.

-Remove from oven and let cool slightly.

-To make the pilaf, place chicken, rice, scallions, cilantro, mint, and sunflower seeds in a bowl.

-Mix together and season with salt and pepper.


Snacks –
¼ c. almonds and ¾ c. blueberries OR 1 cup cucumber and carrots OR 1 Apple

2 comments:

  1. This is great! I haven't read it all, yet, but will! Good for you! And thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete